As an alternative to sharing links to your Google Form, you can ask users to simply scan QR codes to access your form. This is a great way to increase engagement and response rate. Follow these steps to generate a QR code for a Google form.
Generating QR Code through a Workspace Add-on
- To generate the QR code, you need to create a Google form first.
- Then, go to Google Workspace Marketplace and install the QR Code Generator add-on.
- Allow access to the QR Code Generator to your Google account with which you have created the form.
- Refresh your existing form. An Add-ons icon will now be visible at the top of the page.
- Click on the icon and select the QR Code Generator option from the list.
- The QR Code Generator lets you edit the code as you want. You can customize the label’s size, font, background color, etc.
- After editing, copy the QR code to the clipboard and paste it directly into the email message field or Google Docs to share.
Note: This tool allows you to generate 15 QR codes for free. Alternatively, you can use another QR code generator or subscribe to their premium plan.
Generating QR Code Online
- Create your Google form and click on the send button.
- You can shorten your form URL by clicking on the Shorten URL checkbox.
- Paste the URL into an online QR code generator. Here, we are going to use QRTIGER as an example.
- Enter the URL in the provided field and choose whether to generate a static or dynamic QR code.
Note: You can’t change the destination URL or track the data of a static QR code. In contrast, dynamic QR codes allow you to track data and customize your URL at any time.
- Click on the Generate QR code button to get your code.
- Next, you can change your QR code with numerous options available.
- Download your unique QR code by selecting any of the options available below. You’ll first have to register for a (free) account on the QRTIGER website.
- Instead, you can receive the QR code directly to your email without signing up.