Whether it’s logos or social media graphics, adding curved text to your design improves its overall look, helping it stand out from the sea of designs on social media. This feature in Canva comes in handy, especially when looking for a quick and fun way to present text in your design. This guide shows you how to curve text in Canva on computer or using the mobile app.
Curve text in Canva on computer
- Open Canva in your web browser, and sign in to your account.
- From the home screen, select the template you wish to use. I selected Facebook post for this example. You can also choose to edit one of your existing designs.
- Click on Text in the left menu bar and customize the text block that appears. In this example, I typed “How to Curve Text”.
- Select the text you want to curve and click on Effects on the top toolbar. This will open a pop-up effects menu with different styles and shapes that you can apply to your selected text.Here, go to the “Shape” section and select Curve. This instantly applies a semi-circle curve effect to your text.
- You can use the Curve slider at the bottom of the left panel to adjust the curvature. Moving the slider to the right will make it more circular, while sliding it to the left will turn the curve downwards. You can manually enter a curve value into the box next to the curve slider.
How to curve text in Canva on iPhone or Android
If you’re trying to curve text on the Canva app, there are a few extra considerations to remember. In this section, I’ll show you how to use the Canva app to create the design below.
- Launch the Canva app on your phone.
- Tap on a recent design or a blank template to create a customized design. For this example, I’ve chosen an Instagram post template.
- On the bottom-left corner, you’ll find a purple plus icon. Tap on it to add text to your design.
- Tap on Add a heading to type custom text to which you can apply the curve effect.I have created a title for this design reading “How to curve text”. You can also create multiple text blocks by tapping on the plus icon to add new text.
- Next, select the text you wish to curve and click Effects in the bottom toolbar.
- From here, you can tap on Shape, which will show two options: None (to maintain the current shape of the selected text) and Curve (the option that you need to choose to curve the text).
- Tapping on Curve will automatically alter the plain text into a semi-circle format. To adjust the curvature of the text, drag the slider on the adjustment panel until you get the curvature you want.