Currently, all plans on Canva (except Enterprise) come with limited storage. To save precious cloud storage space, you may wish to delete designs you’ve finished or no longer want to work on. Follow this guide to learn how to delete a design in Canva.
Deleting a Canva design on Computer
Find the design you want to delete
- Log into your Canva account.
- Scroll down and locate the Recent designs section, which offers quick access to your recent projects. Alternatively, you can click on Your projects in the left action menu and click on the design you want to delete.
Move the design to trash
Once you have found the design:
- Hover your cursor over the design that you wish to delete. You will see three dots appear on the top-right corner of the design.
- Click on the three dots to open a pop-up action window.
- Select Move to trash.
Please note that once you move a project to the trash, you can no longer make edits to it unless you restore the design. Also, the trash folder will only keep the design for thirty days, during which you will have the option to recycle it. After these thirty days have elapsed, the design will be permanently deleted from Canva.
Permanently delete the design
If you’d like to permanently delete your Canva design without having to wait 30 days, you can follow the steps below.
- Select the Trash folder in the left action menu.
- Then, hover your cursor over the design you wish to delete permanently. Three dots will appear – click on them to open the drop-down window.
- The drop-down menu will give you the option to Restore the design or Delete permanently. Select Delete permanently to delete the design from your Canva account permanently. Once you complete these steps, there will be no way to restore your design.
Can you delete multiple projects at a time in Canva?
Yes, you can delete multiple projects at a time in Canva. For that:
- Go to the homepage and select Your projects from the left side panel
- Click the checkbox that appears in the top right corner of a design when you hover over it
- Select all designs that you wish to delete
- Click the trash icon and confirm deletion
Can you recover deleted designs in Canva?
You can recover files from the Trash folder in Canva within 30 days after deleting them. However, if the 30-day grace period has elapsed, or you manually delete the items from the Trash folder, the projects will be permanently deleted, and there is no way to recover them.
Deleting a Canva design on iPhone or Android
Deleting a design is easier on Canva’s phone apps.
Select the design you want to delete
- Launch the Canva app and log into your Canva account.
- Look for the Recent designs section. You’ll see your projects here. You can also tap on See all to see all of your projects or use the search bar to search for a specific project.
- Once you find the project you want to delete, tap the three dots on the top-right to open the drop-down menu.
Move the design to trash
- In the drop-down menu, select Move to trash.
Permanently delete your design
You have successfully moved your project from “Your Designs” to the “Trash” folder. To get rid of it permanently (i.e., delete it from your Trash, follow the steps below.)
- Tap on the Home button in the bottom left of your mobile screen to go back to the main menu.
- Tap on the Menu icon in the bottom right of the screen to open the action preview pane.
- Once there, look for the Trash icon. Tap on it to open the Trash folder containing your deleted design.
- You will see the project you deleted. Tap on the three dots in the top-right corner.
- In the drop-down menu, you will have the option to either Restore the project or Delete permanently. Select Delete permanently to remove your project from the trash.
How to Bulk Delete Canva Designs on the iOS and Android Apps
- Log in to your Canva account and tap on “Your Projects” on the menu bar at the bottom of the home-screen.
- From “Your Projects”, tap on the “Designs” tab. This will take you to a page with all the designs you have created so far on Canva.
- Now, hover over one of the designs that you wish to delete and tap on the three dots that appear in its top-right corner.
- Tapping on the three dots will prompt a selection menu. Here, you need to click “Select items”.
- At this point, you will be able to select all the designs that you want to bulk delete by tapping on the checkbox that appears on the top-left corner of every design once you tap “Select items”.
- Once you have selected the designs that you wish to bulk delete, you will find a trash icon right above the menu bar at the bottom of your home screen. Tap on it to bulk delete the selected designs.
- The last step is to confirm your action by tapping “Delete” on the prompt that appears on the screen. In case you change your mind, and want to deselect a design, tap on ”Cancel” to make the required changes.