Pinterest is a virtual pinboard with the options to organize or bookmark your favorite things in a single place. But if you feel like your Pinterest boards have become cluttered with unused Pins, you can get rid of them in a few steps. Deleting Pins is useful for reorganizing your boards which will also boost engagement with your profile.
Note: Deleting a Pin means that the image, video, or story will be permanently removed from the current Pinterest board. Once Pins are deleted, they cannot be restored.
Delete Pins on the App
- Launch the Pinterest app on your iPhone and Log in to your Pinterest account.
- Once you are signed in to your Pinterest account, tap the Profile Picture icon in the bottom-right corner of the app to open your Profile page.
- Your Pins will show under the “Saved” section if you saved them from another person or source, whereas the ones you create will go under the “Created” section. You can either browse through your boards or search for the relevant Pin using the Search bar. Click on a pin to select it.
- Open the Pin for more options. Tap on the three horizontal dots in the upper right corner of the screen.
- Select Edit Pin from the menu to make changes.
- You can also access the “Edit” section by long-pressing any Pin, then selecting the Pencil icon.
- Tap Delete this Pin at the bottom left corner of the editing screen.
- Tap Delete in the prompt pop up on the screen.
- To delete multiple Pins, select or search for the board from where you want to delete Pins in bulk. Tap on the Organize option at the top of the board.
- The organize option allows you to select multiple Pins at once just by tapping on each Pin. If you want to select all the Pins, tap Select all in the top right corner. Once you have chosen the Pins you want to delete, tap on the Bin icon at the bottom.
Note: If you want to unselect a Pin, simply tap on it again.
- Tap Delete to confirm your choice.
Delete Pins on the Computer
- Open Pinterest on your browser Log in to your Pinterest account.
- Tap on the Profile picture or initials in the top right part of the screen next to the “Inbox”.
- Similar to the Pinterest app, the Pins on the website are also divided into two sections, Created and Saved. You can also use the search bar to search for a particular Pin.
- Open the Pin you want to delete and select the three horizontal dots to open the menu. Tap on Edit Pin.
You can also access the “Edit” section without opening the Pin. Once inside the relevant board, hover the cursor on the Pin to be deleted. Tap on the Pencil icon to start editing.
- You can change the board, the section, and add a note about the Pin in the editing screen. To delete the Pin, tap Delete in the bottom left corner.
- In the next pop-up message, select Delete again to confirm your choice.
- To delete multiple Pins, open the relevant board under the “Saved” or “Created” section and select Organize to make all the Pins selectable.
- As you click on the Pins, a black checkmark will appear at the bottom of selected Pins. Tap on the Bin icon to delete all of them.
- Select Delete to remove these Pins.