Canva’s drawing tool gives users the creative freedom to create custom illustrations. This guide shows you how to draw on Canva.
Note: Currently, the drawing tool is only available when you use Canva on a computer.
How to draw in Canva using the drawing tool
- Open Canva and open a new (or existing) design. For example, I have selected a blank Instagram post (Portrait) design.
- Once your canvas is open, you will find several editing options in the side panel. Select More.
- Scroll down the list of apps and select Draw (Beta). Search for it if you can’t find it in the list – it has a pencil icon.
- Pick a brush that you want to use for freehand drawing. You can select any of the four options – Pen, Marker, Glow Pen, and Highlighter.
- Next, select a color for your brush by clicking the colored square you wish to choose. You can also set a custom color by pressing the + icon. To select a color from your design, tap the pen icon. You can also enter a color’s Hex Code.
- If you wish to erase any part of your drawing, click on the Eraser tool and drag it over the lines you want to erase.
- You can also pick a brush and alter its size or transparency if you want to draw more. To do this, toggle left or right the Size or Transparency sliders.
- Click on Done when finished with your drawing. This will save your freehand drawing as an image in Canva.
Was this article helpful?
Let us know if you liked the article, so we can improve it for other readers.