Grouping elements in Canva is beneficial when moving, resizing, duplicating, or deleting multiple elements on a design. This tutorial will teach you how to group and ungroup multiple elements to save your time while designing in Canva.
How to group elements in Canva on a laptop/PC
- Open the Canva website and sign in to your account.
- Select a design that you wish to work on.
- Select each of the elements that you wish to group. To do this, hover your cursor over an element and click to select it. Then, press and hold the Shift key on your keyboard and click on the other elements, one at a time. You will notice a selection border appearing on the elements you tap on.
- To ungroup the elements, click anywhere on the design except the selected elements.
- To permanently group the elements, first select the elements. On the top toolbar, tap on Group to lock the elements together as a group. The selection will be illustrated through a rectangular or square box around the elements.
- You can now move, copy, resize, duplicate or delete the entire group as if they were one object.
- To ungroup the elements, click on the group and select the Ungroup option from the top toolbar. This will ungroup the elements, allowing you to edit them individually.
How to group elements in Canva on iOS and Android
- Launch the Canva app and tap on the design you wish to work on.
- Tap on any one of the elements in the design that you wish to select. Then, slide the bottom toolbar to the right until you locate the More option. A three dots icon indicates this option.
- Tap on More and choose Select Multiple from the pop-up menu. Now, you will be able to select multiple elements in the design.
- Once you have selected your elements, tap anywhere on your mobile screen to close the pop-up menu. The bottom toolbar will appear once again in its place.
- From here, tap on Group in the bottom toolbar. A rectangular box will appear as a border around the selected elements. This will enable you to perform actions on all these elements together as a group.
- To ungroup the elements, select the group and tap Ungroup on the bottom toolbar.
Was this article helpful?
Let us know if you liked the article, so we can improve it for other readers.