There are many creative styles you can apply to text in CorelDRAW. This guide will show you how to make and customize 3D letters in CorelDRAW 2022.
- Open CorelDRAW and use the Text tool to write your text.
- To format your text, select it with the Pick tool and use the options in the Property bar. You can choose whichever font and size you want.
- You can color your text by clicking on the color from the palette on the right side. Left-clicking on a color will color the text, while right-clicking a color will give the text an outline of that color.
- Once you are happy with your text, select the Extrude option in the toolbar.
- Click and drag your text in any direction to create a simple 3D effect.
- You will have additional extrude options in the “Property bar”. First, choose the Extrusion type you like the most.
- Adjust the extrusion depth with the Depth option in the Property bar.
- Extrusion rotation allows you to rotate the extrusion. When you click on Extrusion rotation, you will get a red number 3 logo. Click on the 3 and rotate it. This will automatically rotate your text. To undo all rotational changes, click on the undo icon below the 3.
- If you want the extrusion to be a different color, click on the Extrusion color tool.
Use Object Fill will color both the text and the extrusion the same color.
Use Solid Color will color the extruded part of the text with a solid color.
Use Color Shading will give the extruded part a gradient from one color to the other.
- Extrusion bevels allow you to create beveled edges on your 3D text. Beveled edges can add a 3D effect to your text by making the edges seem sloped (cut at an angle). You can also select the Show bevel only option to only see the bevel you made.
- Lighting lets you apply light effects to your extruded area. To apply the light, you will have to choose one of the three lighting options and adjust the strength of the light.
- To remove any extrusions of your text, click on Clear Extrude.