Canva is an easy solution to create professional graphics that you can download and print.
However, certain aspects of designing in Canva, such as sizing and margins, must be kept in mind if you wish to print your design. Follow these instructions to learn how to print from Canva.
How to Print from Canva on Computer
- Log in to your Canva account.
- Open the design you want to print or create a new one. In this tutorial, I have used an existing design.
- Click on File and select Show margins to make sure none of the visuals are cropped out from your design when printing.
- From the same menu, select Show print bleed to enable broken lines to appear near the edges of your Canva design. This ensures no inaccuracies in the print by extending the background beyond the dashed line.
- Hover over to the top-right corner of your screen and click Share.
- Select Download.
- Next, select PDF Print by expanding the drop-down menu under “File type”. This will ensure the best quality for your printed design.
- Also, tick the Crop marks and bleed checkbox to prevent leaving out any design elements in the print.
- Click on Download to download your design before printing.
- The project will be saved to your computer’s downloads folder by default. Locate and open it.
- To print your design, click the Print icon on the PDF viewer window or use the keyboard shortcut (Ctrl + P for Windows or Command + P for Mac).
How to Print from Canva on iPhone or Android
- Launch the Canva app.
- Select the design you want to print.
- Once the design is open, tap on the three dots at the top panel of your Canva home screen. Here, select Show margins and Show print bleed to ensure all visuals are in the safety zone of the print area.
- On the top-right, tap the share icon.
- Next, hit Download.
- Tapping on Download will let you choose the file type you want to download your design. Choose PDF Print from the pop-up menu, as it’s the option that retains the highest image quality.
- Check the box next to Crop marks and bleed to avoid cutting off any important parts of the design. Finally, click on Download.
- Go to your phone gallery and open your downloaded design. On the bottom-left, tap the Share icon.
- On the menu that appears next, scroll down to find and select Print.
- In the “Prints Options” section, select the printer you want to use to print your design, the number of copies you want, and the paper size.
- Tap on Print to print your design.