Rating sellers and products helps customers make an informed decision about the product they purchase.
One of the world’s top marketplaces, Facebook Marketplace has a rating system where buyers and sellers can rate each other. Buyers can also rate and review products after the delivery of goods.
Note: This feature is only available in select countries.
What to know before rating a seller or item
- You can only rate a seller or the product using the Facebook app on your phone (you can’t use Facebook on a browser)
- You can rate a seller if you’ve purchased an item from them or had a conversation with them using Facebook Messenger.
- You can edit your review. But once the seller gives you a rating, you lose access to editing your review.
- Products sold by individuals can’t be rated or reviewed. However, you can rate and review products purchased on Facebook Marketplace from a Page Shop or business.
How to rate a seller
- Click the hamburger icon on the top right side of your screen and tap on Marketplace.
- Tap the profile icon on the top.
- Go to Inbox and tap your conversation with the seller.
- Tap Rate seller on the top right.
- Select a rating from 1 to 5 stars, with 1 being “very poor” and 5 being “excellent.” You can also choose a reason for your ratings, such as fair or unfair pricing, and good or bad communication.
- Click Done.
How to rate a product or item
- In Meta Pay (formerly Facebook Pay), go to Activity.
- Tap the order and then select the item you want to rate.
- Select Write review.
- Tap the star icon and give a rating from 1 to 5.
- Select the camera icon to add an image of the product received.
- Tap the forward arrow to proceed.