Tired of using multiple tools and apps to remove backgrounds from your images? Canva has you covered! Removing background in Canva has become incredibly easy. This skill is essential for anyone working with graphics.
This tutorial will teach you how to remove background in Canva to create designs that stand out!
Note: removing your background using the BG remover tool is only available for Canva Pro users.
How to remove background in Canva on a computer
- Log into your Canva account
- On the home screen, select a template. For this example, I have chosen the Youtube Thumbnail template.
- Insert the picture you want to remove the background from. You can either use Upload media from the left menu or search Canva’s available images by tapping on Photos.
- To remove the image’s background, tap on the image and select Edit image from the top toolbar. Then, select BG Remover in the left action panel.
- Select Erase while making sure that the photo is selected. You will see the background removed from the image in a few seconds.
- Now, you can drag your image to the position you want.
How to remove background in Canva on iPhone or Android
Removing backgrounds from photos has become much easier with the Canva app! You no longer need to use complex graphic design tools or a computer to remove the image background professionally. Just follow these steps, and you can create something like this:
- Launch the Canva app.
- Open the template that you wish to create. I’m using the Poster template.
- Next, tap on Create blank template when prompted.
- Tap on the purple + icon on the bottom-left of your screen and select Photos.
- In the Photos search bar, type the picture you want to add to your design from Canva’s image library. You can also upload your own images by selecting Uploads from the menu bar instead.
- Tap your image to select it, then choose Effects from the bottom toolbar.
- Select BG Remover. In a few seconds, the image’s background “magically” disappears!
You can now edit the image further by dragging it to position, changing the color, and inserting elements like shapes and text.
Note: if the background of your chosen image is complicated and you do not achieve the results you were looking for using the remove background feature in Canva, you can always make further adjustments by hitting the Restore and Erase option.