You may prefer to send an email at a later date but do not want to forget to do so. You’ll be glad to know that both the Outlook web and desktop app allow you to quickly schedule your emails for a time and date you set. Here’s how to do it.
Scheduling an Email in the Outlook Web App
- Sign in to outlook.com.
- Compose an email as your normally would. This can be a new message, reply, or forward.
- Click on the downward arrow next to the “Send” button.
- Select Send later.
- You can choose one of the preset times.
If you want to change the date and time you want the email sent, click on Custom time.
Select the date on the calendar and click on the drop-down menu beside the clock icon to choose the time. You can also type in a different time in the text box.
- Click on Send. Your email will then be saved in the “Drafts” folder until the scheduled time.
- To verify that your email has been scheduled, go to your “Drafts” folder and check that your email has the label “Schedule Send.” To unschedule the email, delete it from the Drafts folder.
Scheduling an Email in the Outlook Desktop App
- Open your Outlook desktop app.
- Compose the email you want to schedule.
- Go to the Options tab.
- Choose Delay Delivery on the far-right side of the ribbon.
- Next to the Do not deliver before checkbox, choose your preferred date and time. This is the exact date and time that your email will be sent to your recipient. Then, hit Close.
- Click on Send. You can now see your scheduled email in your Outbox. To unschedule the email, delete it from the Outbox folder.