Signing out of Outlook means you won’t be able to access your emails or settings for that account unless you sign back in again. There are several ways to sign out of Outlook, depending on your platform.
Here are the steps to sign out of Outlook via the desktop, web, and mobile apps.
Signing out from the Outlook Desktop App
- Launch the Outlook desktop app and navigate to the File tab.
- Choose the Office Account option.
- Under “User Information,” click on Sign out.
- In the pop-up dialog box, select the Sign out button to confirm.
Signing Out from the Outlook Web App
- Go to outlook.com and click on your profile icon in the top-right corner.
- Click the Sign out button.
Signing Out from the Outlook Android App
- Open your Outlook mobile app and select your profile icon on the top-left.
- Go to the Settings tab by clicking the gear icon on the bottom left.
- Under Mail accounts, select the email address that you want to sign out from.
- Scroll to the bottom of the screen and tap on Delete Account. Don’t worry – this will only remove the account from the Outlook mobile app.
Select Delete in the pop-up to confirm