Want to turn on your PS5 using your phone? Perhaps to have a game ready to go when you sit down to play, or you want to listen to Spotify on the TV. There are several ways to achieve this. Here’s what you’ll need to start:
- PlayStation App for Android or iOS downloaded on your phone
- An updated PS5
- A PlayStation Network account
- Stable Wi-Fi network
Turn on Rest Mode Features
You’ll only be able to turn on your PS5 using your phone if your PS5 is in Rest Mode. Before going into Rest Mode, you need to turn some features on:
- On the PS5, go to settings
- Then select System
- Then Power Saving
- And lastly, Features Available in Rest Mode
- Turn on Stay Connected to the Internet, Enable Turning on PS5 from Network, and Enable Turning on PS5 from Spotify
Finally, you’re ready to make your PS5 enter Rest Mode. Reset Mode can be selected from the power menu on the PS5 dashboard.
Turning your PS5 on using your phone
Method 1: Using the Remote Play App
- Download the PlayStation Remote Play App for Android or iOS
- On your PS5 and navigate to Settings > System > Remote Play. Then, turn on Enable Remote Play.
- Launch the Remote Play App and sign in to your PSN ID on your phone. Note: Make sure you sign in with the same account on both PS5 and phone
- Select PS5. The app will search for the console to connect automatically
- Your PS5 will turn on and connect with your smartphone
- After the connection, the PS5 screen will display on your phone
- Use the virtual controller to navigate the interface to play a game, manage downloads or turn off the console.
Method 2: Using the PlayStation App
- Launch the PlayStation App on your Phone. Login using the same PSN ID as your PS5
- Tap on the Gear icon (settings) on the top right side of the screen
- Navigate to Console Management, then select Link Console to App
- Now choose your PS5 and link it to the app by pressing the Select Console button
- Go back and tap the library button on the bottom right side of the screen
- Select a game you want to play
- Select Play on Console
- The app will start connecting to your console
- Once connected, the PS5 will automatically turn on and start the game
- Now you can pick up the controller and start playing!
Method 3: Spotify
This method will turn on the PS5 and automatically start playing the tune you selected on the phone. You’ll need to use your PS5 controller to navigate the interface and play games.
This is great if you have a sound system attached to the TV or the PS5. You only need a smartphone to play tunes on your main speakers or soundbars!
- Download the Spotify app for Android or iOS
- Download the app on your PS5 as well. Note: Make sure you are using the same Spotify account on both your smartphone and PS5
- Launch Spotify on your phone and select a track. Next, tap on the Connect to a device icon.
- Select your PS5
- The app will turn on your PS5 and attempt a connection. After the connection, the PS5 will turn on.
- You can now use the controller to navigate to the game you want to play.