Linking your Instagram and TikTok accounts allows sharing video posts between the two platforms. It is an easy way to help you manage and streamline content posted to both platforms. Additionally, it shares your friends’ lists between the apps.
If you don’t want videos shared between your Instagram and TikTok accounts or don’t want your friends’ lists synced, you can unlink the two platforms.
Follow these steps to unlink your IG account from TikTok.
Removing Instagram From TikTok
- Launch TikTok and tap the Profile icon on the bottom right.
- Next, tap on Edit Profile.
- Here, you can see the username of your linked Instagram at the bottom. Click on your username.
- A pop-up will ask you to unlink the account. Click Unlink, and your TikTok will no longer be linked to your Instagram account.
If you are unable to unlink your Instagram:
- Make sure both Tik Tok and Instagram are up to date on your phone. The latest updates are available on the App Store or Googe Play store.
- Check your internet connection. Slow internet can interrupt system updates and processes. If you cannot connect the two apps, ensure your phone is connected to stable internet.
- Restart both TikTok and Instagram and check if they’re successfully unlinked.