A GIF is an image format that can also be an animation. Besides images and videos, GIFs can be a unique way to display information to your viewers or audience in your Google Slide presentations.
This guide will show you two ways how to add a GIF to your Google Slide presentation.
Add a GIF from an image URL
For this method, you first need to have the image URL for the GIF you want to insert. The URL should end with the .gif extension.
- Open your Google Slide presentation.
- Next, search for the GIF you want to insert into your slide presentation. Right-click on it and select Copy image address.
- Open the slide you want to insert the GIF to. In the top ribbon, select the Insert tab, then Image. Now select By URL. Go to the Insert tab, then hover over the Image menu, and select By URL to insert a GIF found online.
- The “Insert image” popup window will appear. Paste your image link into the empty field. If the link is valid, a preview of the GIF will appear. Click the Insert button to confirm.
- Your selected GIF will now be available on the slide.
Add a GIF that’s saved to your computer
For this method to work, you first need to have the GIF you want to be saved on your device.
- Open your Google Slide presentation and go to the slide you want to attach the GIF to.
- Click on the Insert tab in the top ribbon. Then select Image, and click Upload from the computer.
- Select the GIF you want to add to the slide and click Open.
Your selected GIF will now be displayed on the slide.
How to resize and reposition your GIF on the slide
To position the GIF, hover over it then click and drag the whole image to move it on the slide.
To resize the GIF, click and drag one of the blue points on the border. If you want to keep the same image proportions while resizing a GIF, hold down the SHIFT key and click and drag one of the points on the border.