It’s easy to lose or misplace AirPods because of their size. This is where the Find My feature on the iPhone comes in handy. It pairs with other Apple devices you own and shows you their location so you can easily find them.
To add AirPods to your Find My network on your iPhone, you must add them to your iCloud, a process that happens automatically when you pair your AirPods with your iPhone.
Adding AirPods to Find My using your iPhone
- Open the AirPod case. When an animation appears on your iPhone screen, tap Connect.
- Press and hold the button on your AirPods”case until your AirPods finish pairing with the iPhone.
- Tap Continue.
Next, make sure that Find My is enabled on your iPhone.
- Tap Settings.
- Tap on your name at the top.
- Tap Find My.
- Tap Find My iPhone.
- If it’s disabled, tap the toggle next to “Find My iPhone” to enable it. This will show your iPhone and other accessories (including Airpods) on the Finy My map.
Check if your AirPods are added to Find My
- Go to icloud.com and log in with your Apple ID. You can do this on your iPhone as well as on a computer.
- Tap Find iPhone.
- In the list of devices that appear at the bottom, you’ll be able to see your AirPods.
- Alternatively, you can check the Find My app on your iPhone to see if your AirPods appear there. On the Home Screen, tap Find My.
- Tap Devices.
- Your AirPods should appear in the list of devices shown here.