Audio files are a great addition to your Google Slides project – they can help liven up the mode of your presentation and maintain your audience’s attention. This guide shows you how to easily add, and edit the appearance of, audio in Google Slides.
Adding Audio to Google Slides
- The first step is to upload the downloaded audio to your Google Drive. This allows you to easily insert the audio file into the presentation. To do this, drag the audio file to your My Drive folder and wait for the upload to finish. Alternatively, you can click the New button and select File upload. Navigate to the audio file location on your computer.Note: The audio file needs to be in an MP3 or WAV format to be compatible with Google Slides.
- Open your Google Slide presentation and choose the slide that you want to insert your audio into.
- Click the Insert tab at the top and select Audio from the options.
- You will see the Insert Audio popup. From here, you can either search the name of your audio file using the search field, or use the “My Drive”, “Shared with me”, and “Recent” tabs to help you sort through your audio files.Note: The search function will only display the audio files that you have uploaded to your Google Drive.
- Click on the audio file that you want to insert and click on Select to confirm.
- Your audio will now appear as a small audio icon on the slide.
You can resize the audio icon by dragging one of the points on the border.
If you hover your mouse over the audio icon, a small playback bar will appear. From here, you can play, pause, adjust the playback speed and more.
- Once you click on the icon, the “Audio Playback” appears on the right side of your screen (under the “Format Options” window).Here, you can set preferences like playing the audio on click or automatically, setting the volume, looping the audio, etc. Also, you can format the color, contrast, position, and other visual elements of the audio icon using the other menus below.