Adding and removing slides is one of the most basic tasks when creating a new presentation. You will want to add new slides to organize your ideas and add new information, as well as delete slides that you don’t think are necessary to keep.
This guide shows you how to easily add or delete slides in your Google Slides presentation.
How to add new slides
- Open an existing or new Google Slides presentation.
If you want to create a new one, you can click the white thumbnail with the plus icon to create a blank presentation.
- Click the white thumbnail with the plus icon to create a blank presentation. You can also choose a template from the Template Gallery.
- Once your presentation is opened, look at the preview panel on the left side of the screen. Choose which part you want to add a new slide to. The new slide will be added after your selected slide.
- Next, click the + icon on the menu bar to insert the new slide. The new slide will automatically be added with the layout or theme as the rest of the other slides.
- You can also right-click one of the slide thumbnails in the preview pane and select New slide to add a new slide below the selected slide.
Alternatively, you can use the keyboard shortcut CTRL + M (Command+M for Mac users) to add a new slide.
- If you want to add a slide with a new layout, you can choose from the other slide layouts once you click the down arrow icon next to the + icon.
How to remove slides
- In the same slide presentation, choose the slide you want to remove using the preview pane on the leftmost side of your screen. When a slide is selected, a yellow border will appear on the edge of the selected slide.
Once you select a slide, a yellow highlight will appear on its slide thumbnail or preview.
- Next, select the Edit tab in the top ribbon and click Delete to remove your chosen slide.
- Alternatively, you can right-click the slide and select Delete from the options. It will immediately remove the slide from your presentation.