Slide numbers help identify the order of your slides during a presentation.
The Slide Number tool allows you to choose whether to add slide numbers across every slide in the presentation or to add a slide number to a single slide. This is how you use it:
- Go to the Insert Tab and click Slide Number in the “Text” section.Click Slide Number.
- A “Header and Footer” dialogue box will appear. Select the Slide number checkbox. Click Apply to add a slide number to the current slide or Apply to All to add a slide number for all slides.
- Check the slide number on the bottom right of the slides.
How to change the position of the slide number in PowerPoint
If you want to change the slide number’s location, click it and drag it to a new location.
How to remove the slide number from the first slide
Usually, the first slide in your presentation is your title slide and will not require a slide number.
- Go to Insert > Slide Number.
- Select the option Don’t show on title slide, then click Apply to All.
Check the title slide to confirm that the slide number is not showing.
Note: Even though the slide number is not visible on the first slide, PowerPoint will still count it. The second slide will be numbered respectively.