Zoom is one of the video communication tools that most businesses use daily to meet and work together virtually. Integrating Zoom into your Slack workspace makes it easy for you and your workspace members to start or join meetings straight from the Slack workspace.
Things to keep in mind
- Ensure your Slack and Zoom accounts have the same email address.
- Only workspace owners or admins can integrate Zoom in the Slack workspace.
- If you need to make outbound calls, you need a Zoom Phone subscription.
- This feature is available only for Zoom Pro, Education, Business, or API plan users.
- You can add Zoom to Slack using the desktop and web versions only.
Approve Slack – Zoom integration
- Log in to your Zoom account.
- Go to Zoom Marketplace. In the search field, type “Slack” and select Slack.
- Toggle on the bar next to Approve use of this app. Choose who can use the app, then click Save.
Add Zoom to Slack Workspace
- Go to Slack and launch your workspace.
- Select the drop-down icon next to your workspace name. Click on Settings & administration, then Manage apps.
- On the next page, in the search bar, search for “Zoom” and click on the Zoom app.
- Click Add to Slack.
- Add Zoom either for all members or only yourself.
- Grant Zoom access to your workspace by clicking Allow.
- Click Connect Workspace.
- Confirm access to a specific workspace by clicking Allow.
- Zoom confirms linking to Slack.
How to use Zoom in Slack
Start a Zoom meeting
- In the messages field of any channel (or a direct message), click the plus icon(+).
- Type Zoom in the search field and pick this Zoom slash command
- Click on the paper plane icon to send the message. Slack sends the meeting invitation.
- To start the meeting, select Join.
Join a Zoom meeting
If a workspace member invites you to a zoom meeting, click Join. Alternatively, follow these steps if you know the meeting link name and ID.
- In the messaging section, type in the following command:
/zoom join [meeting id/meeting link name]
/zoom join [123-4567-8901 / Tech Observatory]
- Then, click on the paper plane icon.
- To join the meeting, click Join.