It’s the start of the month and you get a payment notification on the email linked to your Apple ID. You don’t recognize the payment and feel irritated – you have a long list of things to do and this shouldn’t be one of them. Sometimes we all forget the subscriptions we signed up for using our Apple ID. Most subscriptions will renew unless you cancel them, so you might still pay for subscriptions you don’t use or need.
On iOS devices, you create a subscription when you purchase an app from the App Store or when you pay for in-app purchases for apps you install. You can also manage subscriptions for other Apple services, like Apple TV+ and Apple Fitness+.
The good news is Apple keeps track of all your subscriptions and in-app purchases and makes it easy for you to access or cancel them.
How to Check Active Subscriptions
Follow these steps to check active subscriptions linked to your Apple ID:
- Open the Settings app on your iPhone.
- Click on your Apple ID at the top of the screen.
- On the Apple ID page, select Subscriptions. Note: you will need to enter your password or use Touch/Face ID to log into your account.
On the Subscriptions page, you will find a list of all your current and expired subscriptions.
- You will find a list of all active and expired subscriptions.
Note: If you’re looking for an active subscription and can’t find it on this list, it means the subscription is not billed through this Apple ID. For iOS users with more than one Apple ID, make sure you sign in with the right Apple account.
How to Cancel Subscriptions
After looking through your subscriptions list, you might want to cancel one or more. Follow these steps:
- On the Subscriptions page, tap on the subscription you want to cancel.
- Select Cancel Subscription.
- To complete the cancellation, Select Confirm.
Depending on the app, you might instantly lose access after canceling your subscription. For others, you will continue to have access until the next billing date.