You can use the web version of Google Drive to transfer the ownership of a folder. Keep in mind that when you make someone the owner of a folder, you remain the owner of the files inside it. In this guide, we will talk about how to change the ownership of a folder in Google Drive.
Before you make someone the owner of a folder in Google Drive, you need to share that folder with them. Follow these steps:
- Go to Google Drive.
- Right-click the folder you want to transfer ownership of.
- From the drop-down menu, click Share.
- Enter the other person’s email and click Send.
Step 2: Transfer ownership
Now that you’ve shared the folder, you can transfer its ownership by following these steps:
- Again right-click the folder and click Share from the drop-down menu.
- Here you will see the name of the person the folder is shared with. Click their access and select Transfer ownership.
- A pop-up window will open. Click Send Invitation.
- Finally, click Done.
The person whose email you entered can become the new owner of the selected folder by accepting the invitation sent to their email.