Many people are used to the default voice on Google Maps when using it for navigation. You can change that voice to a language of your choice. You can also customize other voice settings, such as the volume. Follow the steps below to change the default voice in Google Maps.
Change the Voice in Google Maps on Android
The instructions below were carried out on an Android phone, but the steps are similar for iPhone.
- Launch Google Maps on your smartphone.
- Tap on your initials or profile picture at the top right of the screen to bring up options.
- Tap on Settings.
- Scroll down to Navigation settings (it is written as just Navigation on iPhone) and select it.
- In this window, you can change Voice features such as the volume. To change the language, click on Voice selection.
- You will see a list of languages under “Voice selection.” Select any voice language that you want from the list of options.
The voice selected will become the voice you hear when navigating with Google Maps.
Note: To change the Google Maps language on your iPhone, you must change the language of the entire phone via Settings.