Google Maps allow you to specify your home address on the map. This allows you to get quick and easy directions to your home address. If you move to a different location, you can change your home address. Here is how to do so.
How to change your Google Maps Home Address on Mobile
- Launch the Google Maps application on your smartphone
- Tap on your name or initials at the top right corner of the screen to bring up the options menu.
- Select Settings in the list of options.
- Select Edit home or work
- Tap on the three-dot icon next to Home.
- In the menu that pops up, tap on Edit home to select a new home address on Google Maps.
- Drag the map to the location of your new home address. You can also type your new address on the search bar and click on the suggestion.
- Tap on Save when done. You have successfully changed your home address on Google Maps!
How to change your Google Maps Home Address on computer
If you have already set a home address
- Visit the Google Maps website on a computer browser.
- Type Home on the Google Maps search bar on the left side of the screen. Your home address will show up among the suggestions. Click on EDIT next to your home address.
- Enter your new home address and click on SAVE
If you haven’t set a home address yet
- Click on the three horizontal lines or hamburger icon on the top left of the screen.
- Click on Your places.
- Click on Labeled.
- Click Set a home address.
- Type in your new home address and select it when it shows among the suggestions. Then, click on SAVE after selecting your home address.
And that’s it! You just added your home address to Google Maps on your computer.