Google Forms is an excellent tool for collecting data and responses from your audience. Google added a feature to connect this data to Google Sheets for deeper analysis and repurposing. With each response submission, the worksheets are automatically updated.
Follow these steps to connect Google Forms to Google Sheets:
- Open your Google Form.
- Go to the Responses tab at the top of the page.
- Click the spreadsheet icon and then select response destination.
- Choose the destination for your responses by creating a new spreadsheet or selecting an existing one. Then, click Create new spreadsheet and name it.
The new sheet will appear in another window.
- Alternatively, select the existing spreadsheet option and the spreadsheet into which you wish to feed data.
- If you want to verify whether Google sheet stores responses, click on Send in the “top right corner.”
- Click the link icon, then Copy. Open the form in a new tab and fill out the form with random answers.
- After filling out the form, go to the Responses tab and click on the Google Sheets icon.
- Each new response will be added to your sheet in this way.