The PS5 controller is arguably one of Sony’s best console controllers. Using it on your PC and PS5 is plain smart and cost-effective. Thankfully, Sony released proper drivers for Windows-based PCs that allow you to plug and play your PS5 controller with a few simple steps!
Using a USB Type C Cable
The PS5 controller comes with a USB Type C port. So to connect it with your PC, you’ll need a good quality USB Type-A to USB Type C cable. The PS5 ships with a Type C cable in the box, which you can also use. If your PC has a USB Type C port, you can also use a Type C to Type C cable for connectivity.
- Turn on your PC
- The USB Type C Port is located at the back of the controller.
- Insert the USB Type C end into the controller.
- The USB Type-A ports are usually located at the back or the front of your PC.
- Insert the USB Type-A end into a USB port on your PC.
- The controller will light up with blue and white lights. This means a connection is established between PC and controller.
- That’s it! Now you can use the controller to play video games
If your PC comes with Bluetooth, you can easily use the PS5 controller wirelessly with it. Alternatively, you can purchase a USB Bluetooth adapter/dongle to enjoy Bluetooth connectivity. It plugs in any USB port on the PC and provides Bluetooth functionality at an affordable price.
- Turn on your PC and press the Start menu button.
- Type in Bluetooth and select Bluetooth and other device settings
- On the new screen, turn the Bluetooth toggle on.
- Now press Add Bluetooth or other device.
- Select Bluetooth.
- Now press and hold the PS and Capture Button on the controller for around 2 seconds until the blue lights start flashing. This puts the controller into pairing mode.
- On your PC, wait for the devices to be scanned and then select Wireless Controller. The PC will take a few moments to connect to the controller.
- A popup will show that you’re “Setting up a device”.
- After a few moments, another popup will inform you that the controller is ready to be used!
- Now you can wirelessly use the PS5 controller on your PC to play video games!