Whether it’s for compatibility or ease of access, you will often need to convert your PowerPoint presentation to Google Slides. This guide will show you how to do so without losing content and formatting. Do note, however, that only Microsoft .ppt files that were created in the ’97 version or over can be converted to Google Slides.
There are two main methods used to convert a PowerPoint presentation into Google Slides:
First method: Using Google Drive
- Go to Google Drive and Sign in to your account.
- Select the + New button on the top left of the screen.
- In the dropdown menu, select File upload.
- Locate your PowerPoint presentation and select it. Then, click Upload.
- Once it’s uploaded, right-click the PowerPoint presentation.
Under the Open with option, choose Google Slides. The presentation will now be opened on Google Slides in a new tab.
- In Google Slides, click File and select Save as Google Slides. Your PowerPoint presentation is now converted into a Google Slide format.
Second method: Using the “Import Slides” Option
- Go to Google Slides and log in to your Google account if asked.
- Select the Blank presentation icon to start a new presentation.
- In the presentation, go to the File tab and select Import slides.
- In the new window, you want to import your PowerPoint presentation. You can either find it via Google Drive under Presentations (file needs to be first imported to Google Drive) or upload the file on the Upload tab. Once you find it, click Select.
- Next, select the PowerPoint slides that you want to import. If you want to select all of them, click on the All button next to “Select slides”. Finally, click on Import slides.
- Next, choose Import Slides. All selected slides will now be available in the presentation.
- To save as a new Google Slides presentation, click the Share button on the top-right side of the screen.
Write in a name for your presentation then finally, click Save.