Notion comes with a rich library of built-in templates. However, creating a custom template helps you duplicate multiple content and blocks with a single click. Thereby increasing your project’s efficiency and improving the workflow.
Notion allows you to create a custom template with the help of the template button. In this guide, we will explain how to create a template in Notion.
Creating a custom template using the template button
- Start by putting together the template, block by block, in a separate and blank section of your page. You can also use a built-in template from the library and make the necessary changes to it.
- Once you have your template put together, click on a blank line. Add the template button by left-clicking on the + symbol.
- Scroll down and click on Template button. Alternatively, you can add the template button by typing “/template” and pressing Enter.
- You will be prompted with the “Configure template button” box.
- Under the “Button Name” section, type a relevant name.
- Under the “Template” section, remove the default To-Do button by clicking on the six-dotted button and selecting Delete.
- Inside the “Template” section, start dragging the content you want to add to your template. You can include plain text, headers, checklist, menu, bullet points, and others.
- Once you have your template put together, click on the Close button.