In PowerPoint, a timeline is a visual that may be used to illustrate distinct points in time across a given time period, whether past or future. These timelines can be used in corporate meetings, educational courses, or for personal usage.
In this article, I’ll teach you how to easily create a timeline in PowerPoint for your presentations, meetings, and seminars. Continue reading to learn more.
- Select the Insert tab in the top-ribbon, then click on SmartArt
- From the gallery, choose a SmartArt graphic. Click on Process, then select the Basic Timeline graphic (you can also choose a different type of timeline if you prefer).
- The Timeline graphic will now be inserted. Click on [Text] and type in your text
Adding new shapes to the timeline
To add new shapes (points) to your timeline, first, click on your added timeline. In the top ribbon, select Design, then Add Shape. Next, click on an existing shape and then select either Add Shape After or Add Shape Before.
Editing text in the timeline
- To edit the text, click on Text Pane in the “Design” tab. Select a text to edit it.
- If you want to add bullet points within the text, select the timeline again then click on Add Bullet under the Design tab.
Change the direction of the timeline
To change the direction of the timeline, select your timeline object, In the Design tab, select the Right to Left option.
Change the type of timeline
To change the timeline SmartArt graphic, click on your Timeline, go to the Design tab and select a new graphic.
Changing the color of the timeline
To change the color of your timeline graphic, click on Change Colors in the Design tab