Presenting sets of information side by side in columns lets you improve your workflow while using the limited width of the page most optimally. Notion only allows you to create columns in its web, desktop, and tablet versions. However, you cannot create columns in Notion’s mobile version.
While there are no shortcuts or buttons to create columns in Notion, it can be a simple process. Follow these steps to create columns in Notion:
- Create a new page or open an existing page where you want to create the column.
- Type the headers or content for each column you plan to create. For example, I’ve written “Column 1”, “Column 2”, and so on.
- Hover your cursor over the header you want to add as a column. Let’s say I want “Column 2” as the column next to “Column 1”.
- Left-click and hold on to the six-dotted icon (⋮⋮) that appears on the left of the header.
- Drag it to the left or right of any other header. In my case, I will drag it to the left of “Column 1”. When you encounter a vertical small bluish line, release your mouse. It will drop the header and create your column.
- To continue making columns repeat this process for the rest of your content.