The PS5 comes with an 825 GB SSD, so storing multiple AAA games can be challenging, even for casual gamers.
For example Horizon Forbidden West takes up to 90GB, and Call of Duty: Warzone is about 120 GB. Have a couple of big hitters installed, and that 825 GB will start looking small in no time!
Here is how to delete games on PS5 so you can make space for new games or updates.
Note: Deleting a game on PS5 only deletes it from the storage. It is not removed from your account and can be redownloaded from the PlayStation store at no additional cost.
Method #1: Delete games from the home screen
- On the home screen, navigate to the game you want to delete
- Now press the Options Button on the controller.
- A sub-menu will pop up with several options
- Select the Delete option.
- Press the OK button to delete the game.
- It will take a few moments, depending on the size of the game.
Method #2: Delete games from the Game Library
- On the home screen, navigate to the Game Library icon and select it. It’s usually at the end of the game list.
- Once in, you’ll see all installed games
- Highlight the game you want to delete and press the Options Button on the controller. It’s located on the right side of the touchpad.
- A sub-menu will appear listing different options
- Select the Delete option in the submenu
- Press OK to delete the game. It will be permanently deleted from the storage.
- It will take a few seconds, then delete the game from the storage.
Method #3: Delete games from Storage
- This method is excellent if you want to delete multiple games in one go.
- On the home screen, click on the settings button at the top right of the screen.
- Scroll down to Storage.
- Select Games and Apps in the Console Storage window.
- The new screen will have all your installed games and apps. In addition, you can mark the games you want to delete here.
- Once marked, press the Delete button on the bottom right.
- You will get a confirmation pop-up. Press OK.
- The console will delete the games in a few seconds.