You might need to delete your Google Maps history for privacy or security reasons. Thankfully, Google allows you to do this easily. This guide shows you how to delete your history on the Google Maps app or a browser.
Delete your Google Maps history on iPhone or Android
- Launch the Google Maps app on your device
- Tap on your profile picture in the top right corner of the screen. This will bring up a list of options.
- Tap on Settings near the bottom of the options list.
- Tap on Maps history.
- Tap on the Delete button at the center of the screen.
- You will be shown various delete options. You can choose to delete for today, all time, or within a custom range. You can also turn on or off auto-delete. Select the option you prefer.
You will get a Deletion complete message once your Google Maps history has been deleted successfully.
Note: the auto-delete option deletes your map history after a period set by you. Using this option, you no longer have to manually delete your Google Maps history.
How to delete your Google Maps history on a computer
- Go to the Google Maps website.
- Click on the three horizontal bar menu icon by the top left of the screen.
- Click on Maps activity at the bottom of the menu.
- Click on the Delete button in the “Maps Activity” menu
- The delete button will bring up a menu with various delete options. Click on the best option for you.
- A confirmation window will pop up. Click on Delete to confirm that you want to delete the selected map activity.
After deletion, a notification will pop up telling you that the activities have been deleted.