Trello is an excellent app for tracking the progress of your tasks. However, you might no longer be working on the same roadmaps and want your data removed from Trello. In these cases, you can delete your Trello account.
Things to know before deleting your Trello account
- You get a 14-day window to cancel your account deletion. After the time window passes, you cannot restore your account.
- Any ongoing subscriptions will be canceled.
- You need to assign a new admin before deleting your account if you are the admin and other members are associated with that Trello workspace.
In this article, we quickly walk you through the process of deleting your Trello account and also how to cancel the account deletion.
Delete your Trello account
Log in to your Trello account and follow these steps:
- Click on the profile icon on the top right.
- Go to Settings.
- Click on go to your Atlassian account.
- You will be directed to the Atlassian website. Click on the Delete account option from Account Preferences on the left panel.
- On the next window, read the deletion details carefully. Click Delete account again to confirm your account deletion.
- A final pop-up will explain what happens when you delete your account. Read the prompt carefully and, when ready, click Delete account.
You have finished the process of deleting your account. Trello will erase all your data, including your name, location, and email, within 30 days.
How to reverse account deletion
To cancel your account deletion (within 14 days), follow these steps:
- Login to your Trello account here.
- On the next window, click on Cancel deletion.
- Your Trello account is now active again. On the Atlassian website, click on Switch to Trello.