There are plenty of apps available on the PS5, from Funimation to Netflix and Disney+ to Twitch. Knowing how to download them can be difficult at first, but it’s quick and easy once you know where to look.
- Turn on the PS5 and sign in to your account.
- On the main screen, switch tabs to Media (the default tab is Games).
- Here you’ll see the apps you currently have installed. Then, press the D-Pad Down on your controller to see the Featured TV & Video related Apps.
Or select the “All Apps” icon to see every app that’s available on PS5
Browse the app selection manually on the PS5 till you find the app you are looking for
- Or you can use the search function by selecting the “Magnifying Glass” icon on the top right side of the screen.
Tap X on the search bar and a virtual keyboard will pop up, allowing you to search for an app manually
Type the name of the app, and it will come up in the results
Alternatively, selecting the Microphone icon allows you to use the voice-to-text feature. Simply say the name of the app and press R2 to search for it.
- Once you’ve found the app you want, click on its tile icon
- Now press X on the “Download” button
- The PS5 will start downloading the app
You can track the app’s installation progress from the Downloads/Copies section on the PS5 Dashboard.
- Once installed, the PS5 will notify you. You can immediately access the app by pressing the PS button on the controller
- Alternatively, you can visit the Media tab > App Library section and see all installed apps.
- Press X on the start button to launch the app
Some apps will need an active internet connection to work. Many media streaming apps like Netflix and Disney+ require their respective subscriptions to work. Free apps like YouTube or Twitch work without any additional payments.