If you’re having trouble locating an app you hid on your iPhone, there’s several ways to find it.
You can search for the app using iPhone’s search feature, look for it in the App Library (only available on iOS 14 or above), find it in hidden pages on the Home Screen, or open it through the App Store. Let’s look at each method in detail.
Use the Search Feature
- Swipe down anywhere on the Home Screen to open the search bar.
- Type the name of the hidden app, and it’ll show up under the search bar.
- If it doesn’t appear, you might have blocked it from showing up in search results. In this case, go to Settings.
- Scroll down and tap the app you want to unblock from search results.
- Tap Siri & Search.
- Tap Show App in Search to allow it to appear in search results. You’ll now be able to search for the app on the Home Screen.
Note: Even if “Show on Home Screen” is turned off, you’ll still be able to find the app using the search feature.
Use the App Library
The App Library shows all of the apps on your iPhone, even if hidden from the Home Screen. Here’s how you can find hidden apps in the App Library.
- Swipe left and go to the end of the Home Screen to get to the App Library.
- Search for the app using the search box at the top.
- Alternatively, look for the app in one of the App Folders in the App Library. For example, if the app you’re looking for is a game, you can search for it inside the “Games” folder.
- Tap the folder, and you’ll find the app inside it.
Unhide Pages on the Home Screen
This method works if a hidden page is added to your Home Screen and the app is hidden inside this page.
- Tap and hold anywhere on the Home Screen until the apps start jiggling.
- Tap the dots at the bottom of the screen to see all the pages on the Home Screen.
- If you have any hidden page on the Home Screen, it will be greyed out, and there will be an empty bubble beneath it.
- Tap the empty bubble, and a checkmark will appear in its place.
- You’ll now be able to access the page and all the apps on it on the Home Screen.
Use the App Store
Sometimes, it is best to go back to where you originally installed the app, the App Store, to make sure it’s installed. If installed, there will be an option to open it.
- Tap App Store on the Home Screen.
- Tap Search in the bottom-right corner.
- Search for the app you’re looking for in the search bar at the top.
- If the app hasn’t been deleted from your iPhone, you’ll be able to open it from the App Store. Tap Open to launch the app.