Google Maps can show you the ZIP Code (or Post Code) of your house, workplace, or any other location.
Depending on your country, a ZIP or postal code consists of either only numbers or a combination of letters and numbers.
Follow these steps to find your ZIP Code in Google Maps quickly:
Method #1: Find your ZIP Code using the Google Maps app
- Launch the Google Maps app on your phone.
- Navigate to where you want to find its ZIP code on the map. You can also search for a particular address or use the search bar.If it’s the location you’re currently in, you don’t need to do anything.
- Long press (tap and hold) on a specific area (for example, your current location) to drop a pin in that location. A red pin will be dropped, and an Info box will appear at the bottom of your screen.You can also select any landmark (for example, a restaurant, mall, hospital, or school) to bring up the info box.
The info box displays the address and ZIP code in the Overview tab. If the info box doesn’t contain the ZIP code, you can swipe up on it to reveal more information.
Method #2: Find your ZIP Code using Google Maps on your browser
- Go to Google Maps on your browser.
- Navigate to your location on the Map, or search for an exact address in the search bar.
- Click on a location to drop a pin there. An info panel will open on the left side of the screen.
The info box displays the address of that specific location, including its ZIP code. Sometimes, you might need to scroll down to view the address.
Searching for a ZIP code in Google Maps
Google Maps will show you the geography of a specific ZIP code if you search for it on the app or website. This is useful if you want to double-check the postal code of a particular area.
On the Google Maps app
Enter the ZIP code in the search bar at the top of the screen and tap on search. Google Maps automatically outlines your ZIP code region in red.
On a browser
Enter the ZIP code in the search bar at the top of the screen, then press Enter. Google Maps automatically outlines your zip code region in red.