Google Maps can show you the ZIP or postcode of almost any location in the world once you select that location. Follow these steps to see how to find zip or post code using Google Maps.
Find a Postal Code using the Android or iPhone app
- Launch the Google Maps app.
- Navigate to the location that you want to find its zip code on the map. You can search for a particular address or location using the search bar.
- Long press (tap and hold) on a specific area to drop a pin in that location. A red pin will be dropped, and an info box will appear on the bottom of your screen. You can also select any landmark (for example, a restaurant, mall, hospital, or school) to bring up the info box.
- The info box displays the address and postal code under the Overview tab. Depending on your country, a ZIP or postal code consists of either numbers or a combination of letters and numbers.If the info box doesn’t contain the postal code, you can swipe up on it to reveal more information.
Find a Postal Code using a computer
- Go to Google Maps on your browser.
- Navigate to your location Maps or search for the location you want to find the postal code for using the search bar.
- Click on a location to drop a pin. You can also select any landmark – an info panel will open on the left side of the screen.
The info box displays the address of that specific location, including its zip code. Sometimes, you might need to scroll down to view the address.
Entering a postal code into Google Maps
Google Maps will show you the geography of a specific postal code if you search for it on the app or website. This is useful if you want to double-check the postal code of a particular area.
On the app
Enter the zip code in the search bar at the top of the screen and tap on search. Google Maps automatically outlines your zip code region in red.
On a computer
Enter the zip code in the search bar at the top of the screen and press Enter. Google Maps automatically outlines your zip code region in red.