You might want to hide or unhide specific rows when working with large volumes of data in a spreadsheet. For example, for privacy reasons or to make the sheet easier to read. This guide shows you how to hide or unhide rows in Google Sheets.
How to hide rows in Google Sheets
- Select the rows you want to hide. For example, we selected rows 4 and 5.
- Right-click and select Hide rows 4 – 5.
- You’ll notice the double-sided arrows on the consecutive rows indicating the hidden rows between them.
How to unhide rows in Google Sheets
- Select the rows adjacent to the hidden rows with the double-sided arrows. For example, hidden rows 4 and 5 are adjacent to rows 3 and 6.
- Right-click and select Unhide rows.
The hidden rows will now appear.