You might want to hide or unhide specific columns when working with large volumes of data in a spreadsheet. For example, for privacy reasons or to make the sheet easier to read. This guide shows you how to hide or unhide columns in Google Sheets.
To hide columns
- Select the column or columns that you want to hide. Make sure to select the entire column by selecting the column letters at the top edge of the sheet. In our example, we selected columns B and D.
- Right-click on the selected data and choose the Hide columns option.
- You’ll notice the double-sided arrows on the columns indicating the hidden columns between them.
To unhide columns
- Select the columns adjacent to the hidden columns. They will have double-sided arrows on them. For example, hidden column B is adjacent to columns A and B. Therefore, we would select those two columns.
- Right-click and select the Unhide columns option.
- Follow the same steps to unhide column D. You’ll notice the hidden columns appear.