Highlighting a column helps you call attention to that specific column. To highlight an entire column in Google Sheets, follow these steps:
Selecting an entire column
There are three main ways to select an entire column in Google Sheets:
- Select any cell in the column you want to highlight and press Ctrl + Spacebar in Windows (Cmd + Spacebar on Mac).
- Select the Column Letter of the corresponding column you want to highlight. For example, selecting the letter B at the top will highlight all of Column B.
- Select the topmost cell (Row 1) of the column you want to highlight and drag down to the bottom row (or as much as you want to highlight).
Coloring the column to highlight it
After selecting a column, you can give all the cells within it a color. To highlight, we recommend going for a lighter color. Follow these steps:
- From the “Toolbar” menu, click on the Fill Color option.
- Choose the color you want to use to highlight. For example, I am using a light yellow color.