Videos are a great way to explain a topic. It shows your audience the message you intend to pass across personally. In PowerPoint, inserting a video or embedding it from an online source is extremely simple. This guide will show you how.
Insert a video
- Open PowerPoint. Click on New if you wish to create a new project or Open to find a project that’s already been created. For this guide, we’re building a new slide.
- On the slide you want to embed the video, select Insert on the top-left in the menu bar.
- Next, click on Video
- Choose from the heading “Insert Video From” how you want your video uploaded. There are three different options:
This Device – Finds a video that is saved locally on your device.
Stock Videos – PowerPoint has native stock videos which you can insert
Online Video – You can embed a link. We will discuss each option further below.
Insert a video from your device
- Click on This Device
- Select a video file.
- Adjust the video by resizing and placing it where and how you want it
Insert a stock video
- Click on Stock Videos
- Select a video appropriate for your presentation
- Adjust the video and place it where you want it on the slide
Embed a video using a link
- You can grab a video link from YouTube (or a different video host) to embed the video into a PowerPoint slide. First, copy the video you want to embed.
- On your PowerPoint slide, select Online Videos
- In the next Window, Paste your link into the empty address bar.
- Finally, click on the Insert button at the bottom to insert the embedded video.
- Adjust your video by resizing it and placing it where you want. Note: You can play a video inside PowerPoint after embedding it to ensure it’s suitable for your presentation.
Was this article helpful?
Let us know if you liked the article, so we can improve it for other readers.