Trello can be integrated with Outlook in two ways:
- Outlook and Trello calendars can be integrated to view scheduled events and dates in one place.
- You can automatically convert Outlook emails into Trello cards.
These integrations simplify your workflow by providing real-time updates from Outlook to Trello. A few points to note about this integration:
- Each Trello board will have a different email address.
- Trello cards show up a few minutes after the email is sent to Trello.
- The initial email becomes a new Trello card.
- Responses to the email will be shown as comments on the same Trello card.
Trello and Outlook calendar integration
You can use the Outlook web app or the web version for the Trello integration.
- Log in to Trello and select the board to which you want to integrate the Outlook Calendar.
- Click on the Power-Ups option.
- Click Add Power-Ups.
- Search for the Calendar Power-Up and click Add.
- The Calendar Power-Up will be added to your Trello board. Select it.
- Click on the Settings icon.
- Copy the iCalendar Feed URL.
- Go to your Outlook account and click on the calendar icon on the bottom left.
- Click Open Calendar from the Home section of your ribbon and select From Internet.
- A box will ask you to enter the location of the internet calendar you want to add to Outlook. Paste the iCalendar URL you copied from Trello.
The Outlook and Trello calendars will not be synced, but you can view both calendars in one place.
Note: With this method, you can view both calendars only on Outlook and not on Trello. You can use paid Power-Ups like Planyway to view and sync both calendars on Trello.
Trello and Outlook “Email-to-board” integration
This Trello Feature converts Outlook emails into cards. Log in to your Trello account and go to the board where you want to implement the integration. Then:
- Click on Show menu in the upper right corner of your Trello board.
- Click on More.
- Select Email-to-board settings.
- An email address will be generated for your board – make a note of it. Trello will create cards from emails sent to this address. Next, select the details for the card creation. You can choose the list and position the new cards will take on your Trello board.
- Go to your Outlook account and create a new message. Paste the email address and draft the email.
The email’s subject will become the card title, and the email body will be the card description. Email attachments will also be added to the Trello card.
- The final step is to integrate the email replies into the Trello card. To do so, open the new card created. Then, scroll down and click Share on the bottom right.
- Trello has a feature where replies to the initial email will be shown as comments to the Trello card. There is an email ID given under Email for this card. Use this ID to send replies, which will appear on Trello as card comments.