When you lock (or freeze) a column or row in Google Sheets, it will stay visible while scrolling through your spreadsheet. This can be helpful if you want to always see a specific row or column, no matter how much you scroll.
How to lock a column in Google Sheets
- Click on the column header to select the column.
- Click on View in the top menu, then select Freeze option. From the sub-menu, choose to freeze one or more columns according to your requirements. If you only want to freeze a single column, you can select the 1 column option.
- The column(s) you chose will now be frozen in place. You’ll be able to scroll through your data without the columns moving.
How to Lock a Row in Google Sheets
- Click on the row you want to lock.
- Click on View on the top-menu, then select Freeze. From the sub-menu, if you only want to freeze a single row, you can select 1 row.
The rows you selected will be frozen, and you’ll be able to scroll through your data without them moving.