The Asana collaboration tool is an excellent way for teams to manage all kinds of work. While it may seem intimidating at first, its flexibility and range of capabilities make it well worth the effort.
It allows you to create different projects with subtasks in order to keep your work neat and organized. However, there may be times when you would like to transfer a task to another project. In this guide, we will show you how you can do that within a few minutes.
Drag the Task
One of the easiest ways to move a task to another project in Asana is by dragging it from one project to the other. Here is how you can do that:
- Access the project folder with the task you want to move.
- Hold the task and drag it towards your targeted project folder in the left pane.
- Once the task has moved to the targeted folder, it will be removed from its current folder. All the information including description, subtasks, comments, and the assignee will remain intact.
Use the Multi-Home Feature
Asana comes with a feature called ‘multi-home’, which is specifically designed for users to share tasks across multiple projects. Here is how you can use it:
- Access the project folder with the task that you want to add into another folder.
- Click on the task to expand it.
- A pop-up window should display on your screen. Hover the cursor on the Projects option and click on the plus icon associated with it.
- Now you can choose the project that you want to add the task to.
- If you wish to remove the task from its current folder after adding it to your desired project, click on the x icon for it.
This should move your task to the desired project folder.