You can print files, documents, web pages, and photos directly from your iPhone. We do almost everything with our phones today – it shouldn’t surprise you that you will need to print documents from time to time. With AirPrint, you can quickly print documents with these easy steps.
Print With AirPrint
AirPrint was developed in 2010 by Apple for iOS, iPad, and Mac devices. It allows you to quickly print files with an AirPrint-compatible printer direct from your iPhone. Unlike other printers and their apps, you don’t have to download additional software or drivers onto your iPhone.
Most wireless printers have the AirPrint feature to sync and print files from your iPhone quickly. You should ensure both the printer and iPhone are connected to the same WI-Fi network. Here is how to print with AirPrint:
- Go to the App Store.
- Download Air Print to your iPhone.
- Open the file, image, or document you wish to print. With the AirPrint app, you can print from your Camera folder, iCloud, web page, gallery, or email.
- Tap the Share icon on the bottom right of the page you want to print.
- Scroll down and tap the Print option. Note: not all apps on your iPhone support AirPrint.
- Select the Printer you want to use. On the next page, you will see the AirPrint-compatible printer on the list of devices.
- Choose the number of copies and paper size you want to print.
- Tap Print on the top-right corner to print the files.
Print With Third-Party Apps
Not all printers have the AirPrint feature, especially if they’re old. You can still use these printers, but you’ll have to download the specific Printer’s app to your iPhone from the App store. For example, if you have an HP Printer, you can use the HP Smart app, and for Canon Printers, you can download the Canon PRINT InkJet app for iPhones.
Canon PRINT InkJet app
For example, the Canon PRINT InkJet app is a print and scanning app for PIXMA, MAXIFY, and SELPHY from your iPhone or iPad. After downloading the app from the App Store, follow these steps:
- Turn on and set up your Canon Printer.
- Make sure both your iPhone and Printer are connected to the same Wi-FI network.
- Open the document you want to print and tap the ‘Share‘ icon.
- Select Print to print the document from your Canon printer.
You should be able to connect the printer to your iPhone using the app.