PS5 Safe Mode is an important tool for diagnosing and solving console issues. If your PS5 is having problems, Safe Mode can help rebuild the storage database or factory reset the console.
Follow these steps to put your PS5 in Safe Mode:
- To start, you need to make sure your PS5 is closed. If the PS5 is turned on, press the PS button in your controller to bring up the dashboard.
- Select Turn Off PS5 from the Power menu.
- On the PS5, press and hold down the Power Button. It will beep as soon as you press it.
- Keep holding the button until you hear a second beep. Now remove your finger from it.
- The PS5 will boot up in Safe Mode. Connect the controller using a USB Type C cable.
You can now navigate the PS5 Safe Mode menu.