Recording audio directly into Google Slides is not possible. However, you can record an audio file using third-party recording tools and import the downloaded audio file afterward. This guide will show you ways to record audio using third-party tools, and how to import the audio into Google Slides.
Recording your audio using third-party tools
There are many tools you can use to record audio. On Windows or Mac, there are free, open-source software such as Audacity. On Android or iPhone, you can search on Google Play or the App Store for free recording apps.
How to upload audio to Google Drive
- After creating your audio recording using a recording tool, you should upload it to Google Drive. You can do this by opening Google Drive and dragging the audio file into your Drive.
How to import your recorded audio into Google Slides
After the file is uploaded to Google Drive, follow these steps to import the audio into Google Slides.
How to record audio online
Record Audio using ChromeMP3 (for Google Chrome users)
- Download the ChromeMP3 extension and install it on your Chrome browser. You might be asked to restart your browser.
Note: This extension is only available on Chrome’s web version and is not compatible with the browser’s mobile version.
- After installing, the Chrome MP3 Recorder app should now be available on your Chrome’s list of apps. Click the app icon to open.
- Once it’s launched, click the record button (red circle icon) to begin recording.
- You can pause the recording by clicking the Pause button. Click it again to Resume. When you’ve finished your recording, click the Stop button found next to the record icon.
- In the new window, you can select where you want the file to be saved. If you want to insert it in Google Slides, select the My Drive folder.
Note: Your audio recording will be saved in an MP3 file format.
Record Audio using Online Voice Recorder
- Go to the Online Voice Recorder website.
- Click the Record button to start recording. Once your browser asks for permission to record audio, click Allow. You can also pause the recording session by clicking the Pause button, next to the Stop button. To resume, just click the button again.
- When you’ve finished recording, click the Stop button and select Save. The audio file will be saved directly to the Downloads folder on your computer.