Resetting your PS5 controller can solve connectivity issues and ensure the controller is operating more smoothly and responsively.
To reset a PS5 controller, you will need:
- A PS5 Controller
- A small pin or paperclip
- A USB Type-A to Type-C cable
Then, follow these steps:
- Turn off your PS5 and unplug the controller if it’s plugged in.
- Turn over the PS5 controller and look for a tiny hole in the back.
- Insert a pointy object into the hole, preferably a straightened-out paper clip.
- You’ll feel a button inside getting clicked. Hold the pressure on it for five seconds.
- The PS5 controller is now reset to its default factory settings.
- Use the USB Type-A to Type-C cable to reconnect the controller to your PS5. Here’s a detailed guide on how to pair and connect a PS5 Controller.