Wi-Fi passwords are, by default, saved on Android phones to allow your device to connect to the internet automatically when close to the hotspot. This eliminates the frustration of having to type a new password every time. But many of us face a problem when we try to connect a different device to the internet and forget or can’t find the Wi-Fi password.
There are several ways to view saved Wi-Fi passwords on Android, but we’ll be discussing the easiest methods that work for most users.
If you are running Android versions newer than Android Pie, you can easily share your Wi-Fi password with another device. The process might be slightly different from one device to another.
Although it does not show the password per se, it is an option that allows another device to access your Wi-Fi. The option allows users to scan a QR code to access the internet.
- To get started, open Settings on your Android device.
- Click on “Network & Internet”(or just “Wi-Fi” if you have that option)
- Scroll down and tap on “Wi-Fi”.
- Then, select the network you want to view the password for. In our case, we want to view the password for “Caste”.
- You will see an option to SHARE the Wi-Fi on the right. Tap it.
- Your phone will prompt you to insert your PIN or other security identification features like fingerprint or face recognition.
- After that, at the top, you will see a QR code to scan and share your Wi-Fi with other users. You can even screenshot the code and send it to anyone who wants to access the Wi-Fi.
- To access the internet on a different device, go to the Wi-Fi section.
- There is an “Add network” option with a QR code scanner icon. Tap it, and it will open the camera to scan the code.
- Once the new device has identified the code, it will prompt you to connect to Wi-Fi. Select the “connect” option. The device will be able to use the Wi-Fi after allowing the connection.
Use Third-party Apps
You can use third-party apps to view Wi-Fi passwords saved on your phone. You can use several options, but we found Router Setup Page to be the easiest.
- Download Router Setup Page from Google Play Store
- After downloading the app, open it and select the correct router type and model.
- The app will prompt you to insert your username and password. By default, these are “admin” and “password” respectively.
- After that, click on the 3 menu lines on the top right, then select Wireless settings
- Go to the Wi-Fi Password section and click the show password icon. Voila! You have your Wi-Fi details.
Use the Manage Router Option
You can use the manage router option to see your Wi-Fi password. However, this option is only available on limited devices.
- Go to your phone settings.
- Navigate to the Network & internet option
- After that, tap on the ‘Settings’ button of the Wi-Fi you want to view the password for. In most devices, this is represented by a gearbox icon.
- On the next tab, click the Manage router option.
- You will get a prompt to insert the router username and password. By default, these are “admin” and “password”.
- After writing in the details, click the Wi-Fi section at the top.
- Next, you will see the details of your Wi-Fi. Select the “Show Wi-Fi password icon” and your password will be displayed.