You can send and receive emails using the pre-installed email application on all iOS-powered Apple devices, including iPhones. Before setting up your email on your iPhone, make sure you have the password to log in.
Adding a new account to the Mail application
- Navigate to your iOS device’s settings by tapping on the Settings Icon.
- Scroll down and tap Mail.
- Tap Accounts.
- To add your email account to your iPhone, tap the Add Account button.
- Choose the email service provider. For this article, I’ll be adding my Gmail account.
- A pop-up will notify you that the Settings app wants to sign in using Google.com. Tap Continue.
- A new window will open where you can see a list of your Google accounts. Tap the account you want to set up on your iPhone.
- You’ll be redirected to a new window where you can choose to sync mail, contacts, calendars, and notes on your iPhone to your Google account. Tap Save.
- You’ll now be able to see your new account in the Accounts settings and your iPhone’s Mail app.
Accessing Your Email Using the Mail App
Viewing your newly added email account is easy. Simply launch the Mail app, which is found on the home screen by default.
Under Mailboxes, you will find the email account you just added.