Trello helps you keep track of all your tasks and complete them on time.
However, there are many routine tasks, professional and personal, that you find yourself regularly doing. For example, mundane tasks such as paying taxes or quarterly report submissions. It would be convenient if these tasks appear on the Trello board on their own when the time comes, recurringly.
Repeated tasks include everything from the original card – description, checklists, members, and more.
While Trello doesn’t natively have a feature that allows you to set up recurring tasks automatically, you can use the Card Repeater Power-Up to do this.
Note: Planyway is another Power-Up that allows users to set up recurring Trello cards. However, this feature is only available in the paid version.
Follow these steps to set up recurring tasks in Trello:
- Select the Trello board where you want to set up recurring tasks.
- Click on Show menu on the right.
- Select Power-Ups.
- Search for Card Repeater on the Power-Ups store. Click Add.
- Once installed, go back to your board. You will see a Repeats button on your Trello board.
- Open the Trello card you want to set to recurring. Then, click the Repeat button under the Power-Ups section.
- The Repeat Power-Up allows you to schedule the recurring Trello card. Select the recurring frequency for the Trello card – Weekly, Monthly, or Yearly and the day and time you want the card to show up. Next, select the list under which the Trello card should appear and the position of the recurring Trello card – Top or Bottom. Then, click Save.
There will be a Next Repeat date and time displayed on your card.
You now have a recurring Trello card. Carry out the same process for all the cards you want on repeat.
Note: you can access all recurring Trello cards under the Repeats Power-Up option on your Trello board.
How to Stop a Recurring Trello Card
If you delete a recurring card or move it to another board, it will stop repeating the task.
There are three ways to stop a recurring Trello card:
Method #1: Cancel repetition from within the card
Open the Trello card and click on the date and time displayed as Next Repeat.
Click Remove at the bottom of the card to stop repeating it.
Method #2: Delete the original card
Deleting a Trello card will also remove the recurring feature:
- Right-click on the recurring Trello card and click Archive.
- Click Show menu
- Click More.
- Go to Archived items.
- You will see a list of archived items. Click Delete below the recurring Trello card.
Method #3: Disable Card Repeater Power-Up
Click Power-Ups on your Trello board. Under the Repeats Power-Up, click on Settings.
Click Disable to turn off all your repeated cards on your Trello board. Any recurring tasks/cards will be turned off throughout the Trello board.